I remember a long time ago, my father asked me to help him push one of our cars because the car has a problem with the alternator. Anyways, I help him out and my father got in the car, so he can use the steering wheel and brakes.
So, it has been just me pushing the car! When I started pushing the vehicle, it was so heavy. I was struggling a bit. I thought the car was not set to neutral, but it was. So I figured, it was probably my legs that were weak.
My arms were good, but legs were hurting and felt I ran 2 miles by just pushing the car. I was a bit put off. I thought I did not need to train as much because I believed I was a naturally strong guy. So that was frustrating!!
So, I researched training my body to get stronger. I tried some weight training, but I injured myself multiple times and it set me back from weeks of training.
I tried plyometrics and it helped my cardio a lot, but it didn’t really make me as strong as I wanted. Plus, I didn’t have enough space to train, so it annoyed me often.
I still kept researching and one day I was watching a Bruce Lee movie back in 2012 or 13. So, I was watching his movie called Way of the Dragon and I liked how his physique looked. I was curious about how Bruce Lee trained and I hoped I might find something that I was looking for.
He did some weight training, which put me off. Because I got injuries from it. However, there was a time when Bruce Lee had a back injury due to a weight training routine, which kept him on the sidelines for a bit. After healing up, it stated that he was using a method called isometrics. I didn’t know what that was, so I did an extensive research.
It turns out, it was a method that really interests me. For me, I didn’t want to look big but still be powerful at the same time. Plus, I don’t have space in my house. But, I still did more research about it, because I didn’t understand the methods yet. As kept researching, I tried the methods for myself. Of course, there were trial and errors, but it was a fun process.
After doing isometrics for a while, I tested my strength in some ways. I was able to bend a bar, which I couldn’t do before. And I was able to finally push one of our cars with ease now.
My legs are stronger than it was before. Anyways, enough of the story, I want to show everyone How to get Sexy and strong leg muscles?
You are all probably familiar with leg lifting from doing some weight training. While I was on my computer, I began to stretch my legs and it felt really good. My quadriceps were feeling good and my mood felt great. So, I experimented with ways to strengthen your legs, while sitting down. So, I will share with all of you, one of the leg exercise that I do. Anyways, here we go!!
Materials you will need:
- Sit on a chair and make sure you are comfortable.
- Your feet will be slightly lifted up, probably about 3 inches off the ground. Make sure, you keep it in that place.
- Then, put one of your ankle on the bottom of your other ankle.
- Next, the bottom ankle will try to lift the ankle on top, while the ankle on top will resist it. So, your legs will not move as you resist each other. You will feel your quad muscles here.
- At the same time, as you slowly build contraction on both legs, begin to inhale through your nose and down to your stomach. After breathing in and you build maximum contraction, exhale as you keep up maximum contraction. Once, you release the air, slowly relax your leg muscles as you inhale to finish the workout.
- After that, switch legs and repeat the process.
You will feel your quadriceps working and all the muscle fibers activated. The good thing about it, you don’t have to worry about getting injured. That’s probably the last thing that would happen.
It’s essentially the same process, except that your feet will be 6 inches instead of 3 inches.
Breathing will always be the same. Try your best to breath at your own pace.
Just like the first and second angle. However, your feet will be slightly higher than the previous two angles. SO, instead of 6 inches off the floor, your legs will be straight our for about 9 inches to 12 inches from the ground.
I remember, I kept researching online from YouTube, to articles, to forums on how isometrically train your hamstrings. I felt so stupid because I discovered a simple way to train your back legs. And I will show you in a moment!
But sir! Isn’t training the quads enough!??
It’s good that we got to train our quads. However, that’s not enough! Why? There has to be a balance on your legs. If you train your quads more than the other parts of your legs, then injuries can occur. So now, I will show you how to train the back side of your legs. It’s almost similar to the quadriceps exercise, so it’s easy!
Materials you need:
- Floor, bed, or anywhere you can comfortably lay on your front side.
- Start by lying on your stomach and your head will rest on your arms.
- Then, lift your legs for about 3 inches off the floor.
- Put one of your ankle on the bottom of your other ankle.
- Begin, letting the bottom leg resist by pushing up, while your top leg is resisting. Therefore, it is staying in one place and you focused on training the hamstrings.
- As your legs start to resist each other, slowly inhale as you build contraction. Once, you build to maximum contraction and you fully inhale, exhale slowly as you keep up that contraction. After releasing the air, slowly relax your muscles and inhale to finish the exercise.
- Switch legs and start the process once again to equally engage both legs.
The same as the first angle, but your feet will be 6 or 7 inches off the ground. Repeat the same process!
This one too! Instead of 6 inches from the floor, this will be about 90 degrees
Probably the most common leg exercises out there. Probably the most used as well, since we use it to do many activities from sports, life, etc. But, would it be nice if we can strengthen our calves to do more?
I would love that! SO here is the calf workouts that will be presented here.
Materials you need:
- Sit on a chair and be comfortable! Your feet will be on the floor.
- Next, lift your heel off the floor for about 6 inches as you keep the balls of your feet on the floor.
- Then, put your hands on top of each knee and push them downwards to resist against your legs.
- Begin, by pushing your feet up by building contraction.
- At the same time, you are inhaling like the previous exercises. After you inhale, release the air as you maintain maximum contraction! Once, you release the air, slowly relax your muscles and inhale to finish the workout.
- Switch legs and do the same process.
It’s the same as the first angle, but your heel will be 3 inches off the floor now.
Just like the two angles, but your heels are touching the floor now. Breathing is always the same!
When is a good time exercise your legs?
I would divide each exercise into three days. For example, Day 1 is the first angle, day 2 is the second angle, and day 3 is the third angle. So all exercises, but divide them into their angles.
Then, just repeat the process. If you want, you can train every day or have a rest day in between after the third angle.
Never skip leg day after these exercises!!
Well, there you have it guys! These are the leg exercises that help me build that power to finally push the car in my garage haha.
Anyways, these exercises can tremendously increase your overall strength, while maintaining lean muscles. And I’m not exaggerating! Besides, I’m not a fan of tree trunk legs anyways. So, these exercises are what I prefer. I hope it helps with your personal growth.
Please leave a comment on what you all think and if you have questions, we will do the best of our abilities to help you all!