Where to get the game: Amazon
How I discovered the game?
My sister introduced this game to me. Of course, I already knew about Quantic Dream, but I didn’t know they made a new game.
I didn’t know what to expect from this game. I thought it would be a first person shooter type.
So, I played it! This game change how I see my life and what inner strength is about.
I decided to give a brief review of it, while minimizing as many spoilers as I can.
What the game is about
In 2038 at Detroit, Androids has become popular among humans. Humans buy androids for their convenience.
Because androids never disobey, tire, or complain, they are replacing many humans in certain fields, thus are becoming the labor workforce.
However, something happens along the line that made androids have free will and emotions. They are thinking for themselves and they want freedom! The Androids become deviants! A deviant is when an android expresses emotions and free will to think for themselves.
The players control three Androids, Connor, Kara, and Markus. It allows us to uncover their lives as deviants.
Connor, an android created to investigate and hunt down androids that gone deviant.
Kara, Initially, a caretaker for Todd and Alice. She will do what it takes to protect Alice at all cost and in search of freedom.
Markus, an android that works as a server, but later becomes a revolutionary leader.
Gameplay. The gameplay features character interactions and quick time events. The game presents the players’ various buttons to press for action sequences. This determines the character’s success and the characters can die as well. As the story progress, the player decides each of the character’s fate. Each decision has consequences, which leads to different outcomes throughout the story. The characters can live or die. Plus, it allows the players to decide their outcomes.
Graphics. The graphics are great! The CGI models look just like their real-life counterparts. The movements are quite fluid.
Music. The music was fantastic! The execution was phenomenal! Each scene became more captivating when they added their music. It gave me goosebumps.
Cinema. Every scene was done well! It felt like a movie and the motions of the characters felt like real people. I was interacting with them.
LIkes & Dislikes
- Depending on your choices, the characters are relatable. They struggle their inner demons. As I played it, I felt I was the characters and it made me care about their journey.
- I loved it! The trio had their respective themes that match their situation. The music score gave me goosebumps.
- I like the quick time events! Those were fun moments and it gave me goosebumps. I was always scared to mess up haha. There are things that you might still miss along the way. The movements of the characters was great! I loved the exploration
- Honestly, this game is probably my favorite of the Quantic Dream productions. It felt like I was part of the story. I was so scared for the characters and there were precious moments. Even small moments that I will never forget. For example, when Alice was happy in the theme park. That was the first time I’ve seen her that happy.
- This game is heavy on choices. The choices you make can either lead to a different outcome throughout the game, relationships with your comrades can change, and their overall characters can change. I like the fact that it solely depends on the player’s choices.
- Surprisingly, I liked the controls. It’s straightforward and it’s not complicated.
- I watched the making of the game. For some reason, during the production, the actors showed more emotion than their game counterparts. It felt like some characters couldn’t express their emotional expressions fully.
- For example, Markus was impactful, but not if he was able to show more emotional expressions during his speeches.
What I learned from this game?
During my playtime, there were things that made me realize. Here are a few things!
Love. The game drives deep on love. That it makes no difference what you are.
Identity. The characters discovered themselves along with their journey. It was stunning! During my path, I was able to relate to them.
Equality. Obviously, the androids want freedom. It showed me that as humans, we are still ignorant to those that are different. It’s one of the dark natures of this game.
Choices in life. You can never turn back time. So, the choices we make in life should count.
Story and theme: 9.5/10
Detroit Become Human is FANTASTIC!
In conclusion, I recommend anyone who hasn’t played this game. It’s one of the most endearing games I ever played. My emotions riled up. It was intense!!
The choices we make in life counts. Sure, as long as we live, then it’s never too late for anything. Just how I discovered about the game was a bit late, but nothing is late in life. But, what matters is living in the present moment.
Thank you Quantic Dream for an amazing game!